Prep 2 mins
Cook 7 mins
Roasted garlicy asparagus, great as a side or appetizer.
- 1 lb fresh asparagus
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (more or less to coat lightly)
- 1 pinch salt, to taste
- Use fresh asparagus with thin stalks - I have found the older and thicker the stalk, the stringer the end result will be. It does not affect taste for me, but texture is a big part of my meal as well.
- In a sheet pan lay out asparagus.
- (I usually add ingredients right on food).
- Drizzle veggies with oil (toss around).
- Sprinkle garlic powder over veggies (toss again to coat).
- Place in preheated HOT oven (400 degrees).
- Cook for 7- 10 minutes. Garlic powder will burn, so keep an eye on your asparagus. I usually start to check when I can hear frying. I will also take them out after 3 minutes and flip - I like them toasty. Pierce thickest stalk to check for tenderness. salt to taste. Serve hot for best result - but will be ok if warm.
- I like to pair them with beef dishes because gravy sets this dish off perfectly.
We really liked this. I had very fat stalks so I split them in half before preceding. The did not turn out too stringy.
I have already made this twice and it turns out really well. No changes needed, and I will certainly use this recipe often.