2 hrs 20 mins
Barb Gertz's Note:
This pot roast recipe comes from Better Homes and Gardens. I also Like to add small red potatoes to it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1 (3 lb) boneless beef round rump roast, trimed of seperatable fat
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry red wine or 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb carrots, cut into 2 inch long pieces or 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen cut green beans
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1Spray a cold Dutch oven with nonstick cooking spray, then preheat over medium heat, Brown roast on all sides in the Dutch oven.
- 2Drain any fat.
- 3Add water, wine or broth, onion, garlic, bouillon granules, thyme, and pepper.
- 4Heat to boiling; reduce heat.
- 5Cover and simmer for 1 hour.
- 6Add carrots to Dutch oven and simmer for 40 minutes.
- 7Then, add beans and simmer 10 minutes more or until beans and meat are tender.
- 8Transfer roast and vegetables to a severing platter.
- 9Keep warm while making gravy.
- 10For gravy, skim fat from pan juices. Stir together cornstarch and 2 tablespoons water. stir mixture into pan juices.
- 11Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- 12Then cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
- 13To serve, Spoon gravy over meat and vegetables.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Wine Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (141 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.0
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 35.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
beef round rump roast