Recipe by WaterMelon
Quick and easy way to prepare a prawn dish, Asian style. From "Delicious Asian Seafood".
Top Review by Tebo
Contrary to the recipe, I did remove the shells before cooking. I buzzed up the garlic and added the rest of the ingredients, put everything in a plastic bag and let it sit in the fridge for a couple of hours then cooked them on the sideburner of the BBQ outside. Worked like a charm. I also cut the recipe to one half and that was plenty for two of us.
- 1 kg medium prawns
- 50 g garlic, minced (1/2 cup)
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim prawn whiskers and devein by making a slit along the center of back (leaving shell intact).
- Mix garlic, pepper, salt together.
- Season prawn with the mixture, taking care to place some of the mixture inside the slits.
- Set aside for 30 minutes or more.
- Heat oil in wok or skillet and quickly saute prawns until they turn pink.
- Do not overcook.
- Serve with plain rice.