Recipe by kimbearly
requested by heather feather from a gooseberry patch cookbook. cook time and prep time are estimated as i have not personally made it(yet!!!)
Top Review by RedRacer
This was so very good! I have tried several white lasagna recipes, but this one is my favorite. I used low cal alfredo, egg beaters, 1/2 the cheese & whole grain noodles in my attempt to make it more waist-friendly & I added mushrooms. It was still absolutely rich & tasty!!
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hot Italian sausage (in casings)
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) jar roasted red peppers, drained and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white wine
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen spinach
- 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 (16 ounce) jarscreamy alfredo sauce
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- 2 (6 ounce) packagessliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup finely grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- remove and discard sausage casings.
- brown in skillet till crumbled.
- drain sausage, reserving 1 tablespoon drippings.
- cook onion and garlic in drippings till tender.
- stir in sausage, red peppers and wine.
- bring to a boil, reduce heat and cook about 5 minutes to let most of the liquid evaporate.
- meanwhile,cook spinach according to package;drain and squeeze out excess liquid with paper towels.
- combine spinach,ricotta,salt,pepper,and egg.
- stir well.
- spread 1 cup alfredo sauce in bottom of 13x9 baking pan.
- top with 4 lasagna noodles.
- top with half of spinach/cheese mixand half of sausage mix.
- place 4 slices mozzarella on top and repeat layers.
- top with remaining 4 lasagna nooddles and mozzarella slices.
- spread remaining alfredo sauce over cheese and noodles;sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- cover and bake at 350 degreesfor 1 hour.
- uncover during last 15 minutes to brown.
- let stand 15 minutes before serving.
- (note:can be made ahead----prepare and cover overnight in fridge. let stand at room temp for 30 minutes before baking.).