Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
- 36 garlic cloves
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 5 lbs russet potatoes, peeled, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups packed grated sharp white cheddar cheese (about 8 ounces)
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced canned chipotle chilies
- Preheat oven to 350°F Toss garlic with oil in baking pan. Cover with foil; bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake until garlic is tender, about 15 minutes. Cool; peel and chop.
- Cook potatoes in large pot of boiling salted water until tender, about 25 minutes. Drain. Transfer potatoes to large bowl. Add garlic and remaining ingredients. Using electric mixer, beat mixture until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. (Can be prepared 2 hours ahead. Cover; let stand at room temperature. Rewarm, stirring constantly, before serving.).
Gosh this was good. I made a potato pancake out of the left overs the next day. I'm sure I scared everyone with my garlic breath LOL
It's a keeper.