Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Now requested by my family for EVERY special occasion meal...just a bunch of good stuff thrown together!
- 5 lbs yukon gold potatoes, scrubbed and peeled
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup butter (2 sticks)
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (or 1 T dried)
- 1 tablespoon chives (optional)
- 4 -5 fresh garlic cloves, peeled and minced (2-3 tablespoons)
- 2 teaspoons Lawry's Seasoned Salt (or to taste)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Cut scrubbed, peeled potatoes into large chunks and place into large stewpot, using just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil and reduce heat; simmer for approximately 20 minutes or just until fork tender. (Don't overcook, they'll fall apart and be too starchy.) Drain and set aside in colander.
- In pot, combine butter, half of the cream, garlic, parsley and chives if using. Warm over low heat, stirring occasionally till warmed through. Remove from heat, add potatoes to pot, stirring just enough to coat them with the garlic butter cream sauce, then get out the hand mixer. Start slowly to avoid splattering everywhere, but once the sauce begins to absorb into the potatoes, pick up the speed of the mixer until potatoes are blended with the liquid, then pour in remaining cream until desired consistency achieved. At this point add salt & pepper, blend again and begin tasting to determine if additional salt is needed. (Regular salt in place of seasoned salt is totally fine, but my family loves Lawry's!).