Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
What a wonderful combination--garlic and wasabi! Be still my heart! This recipe is easy to cut down or double if need be! If you like more heat, add more wasabi powder! Enjoy!
- 4 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream (you might need more)
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon wasabi powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Boil potatoes in pot filled with enough water to cover potatoes and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Boil until fork tender, about 15-25 minutes.
- Drain potatoes and mash to desired consistency.
- Add butter, cream, garlic power, wasabi powder, pepper, and remaining salt. Mix well.
- **If you like your potatoes a little creamier, you might want to add more cream or milk a little bit at a time until desired consistency is reached**.
These potatoes are packed with flavor. Initially, I felt that the 1 tablespoon of garlic powder would be overpowering; however, is a must or with the wasabi the flavor would have been lost. I would probably use fresh garlic next time. This did require more than the 2 tablespoons of cream. These were served along with spiced filet mignon with mushrooms.