Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is great snack and appetiser for gift giving at Christmas! It's from the Weekend magazine.
Top Review by realbirdlady
I like this technique for spiced walnuts (rather than some of the approaches that include a stovetop and an oven step). For me, as written, the nuts were overly salty. Next time I would halve the salt, and use some minced garlic in the oil for more flavor.
- 2 tablespoons garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 3⁄4 cups walnuts, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C.
- Warm the oil slightly.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Toss in the nuts.
- Mix well.
- Immediately spread out the oiled walnuts onto a baking sheet lined onto a baking tray.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, stirring and tossing the nuts frequently, until the nuts are light brown.
- Cool the nuts completely.
- Store in a tightly covered jar.