Garlic-walnut dipping sauce
- Either in a mortar or pestle or in the bowl of a food processor, pulverize the garlic and salt to a paste.
- Add the walnuts and pound or pulverize until the mixture is mealy.
- Dampen the bread under the tap and squeeze dry.
- Add to the bowl and continue pulverizing all together.
- Drizzle in the olive oil and vinegar, alternating between each, and pound all together until the skordalia is creamy.
- If it is too thick, add a little water.
- Serve as a dip, or as an accompaniment to fresh or fried vegetables and various fish.