Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
Mmmmmmmm Good green beans!! I have used this vinaigrette on salads also, it is very good. from Cooking light.
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 2 1⁄2 lbs green beans, trimmed
- 1⁄3 cup toasted almond, sliced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- Vinaigrette: Combine first 7 ingredients in a small bowl, (from lemon rind to garlic), stir to mix with a whisk.
- Beans: Cook beans in a large pot of boiling water, 4 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Drain well.
- Place beans in a large bowl, add lemon mixture, toss well to coat.
- Sprinkle with almonds and thyme.
These were great, I didn't have a lot of almonds so I used what was left of my pine nuts, and it was very good!
This recipe was delicious!! I brought it to a party for a side dish and there wasn't one bean left. But I did let the beans cook a little longer so they would be softer.
excellent! took a chance & had these on my xmas eve dinner menu...they were a hit! thanks for sharing!