Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a Pol Martin recipe.
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, peeled & chopped
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- lemon juice
- Blanch garlic cloves in salted, boiling water for four minutes, then peel& puree.
- (Or you could try using roasted garlic- just make sure you don't boil it!) Whisk everything except lemon juice together until thick.
- Add lemon juice, and whisk again.
- You can use a different mustard base, like honey mustard, or a spicy raspberry mustard.
- You can use red or white wine in place of the vinegar.
- You can also use a different juice, in place of the lemon, like orange, or lime.
I thought this dressing was very nice. I have just enjoyed it on a fresh vegetable salad, and am looking forward to using it often in the future. I did use sweet red onion instead of shallots, which are difficult for me to find. I didn't change anything else. Thank you very much for expanding my dressing repertoire.