Recipe by Lennie
You can experiment with different vinegars with this dressing, to achieve different tastes. I use 2 garlic cloves, but 1 also works nicely. Sometimes I toss some fresh parsley into the food processor as well.
Top Review by s'kat
This dressing certainly caused people to stake out their camps! I served it to my dinner club; myself and one other thought the cider vinegar made it have too much 'bite'; the other two guests and my husband *loved* it! I used two garlic cloves as well, and also added a pinch of herbs de provence. I will make this again, but would like to experiment with other flavours of vinegar! As a note, this dressed 3 salads nicely and we still had leftovers!
- 2⁄3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (I use 2)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- freshly ground black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Best made in a food processor: combine all ingredients in food processor except oil; let oil drip slowly down through the feed tube while machine is running; let process until oil is combined.
- Taste and add more salt and pepper if desired.
- You can also whisk all ingredients together in a mixing bowl.
- Makes enough to toss 1 or 2 salads, depending on how much dressing you put on a salad; keep refrigerated if not using right away.