Recipe by Melissa_8201
The original recipe came from a lady who was hosting a Pampered Chef party years ago. Over the years I have thrown her's out the window for a version that is just right for my tastes. This is a great pizza that even my meat-loving husband and 4 year old daughter enjoy. Please feel free to change up the toppings so that you love it just as much as we do. If you are die-hard meat-lovers you can add some cooked ham or bacon to the toppings.
Top Review by sugarpea
Great pizza. Our local market has a Friday special on fresh take and bake pizza so I bought a cheese pizza, spooned off the cheese and proceeded to follow the recipe. Simple and delicious. The tomatoes and olive oil really did make a "sauce". Only thing I would change next time is to add some Italian herbs to the tomato layer. Thanks, Melissa.
- 1 pizza dough (I like Jiffy crust mix but any will work)
- 2 -3 tablespoons cornmeal
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- parmesan cheese, shredded
- mozzarella cheese, shredded
- roma tomato, sliced thin
- mushroom, sliced
- red onion, sliced thin
- green bell pepper, sliced thin
- yellow bell pepper, sliced thin
- yellow squash, sliced thin
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare pizza dough according to package instructions or recipe.
- While dough is rising, sprinkle cornmeal onto pizza pan.
- Spread out pizza dough onto pizza pan.
- Place crust into oven and bake for 2-5 minutes.
- While crust is baking, mix together olive oil and garlic in small bowl.
- Remove crust from oven and spread oil and garlic mixture over warm crust to within one half an inch of edge.
- Sprinkle lightly with parmesan cheese.
- Place a layer of tomatoes, onion, mushrooms, peppers, and squash.
- NOTE: It's important that the first layer of veggies is the tomatoes.
- The juice from the tomatoes mixes with the garlic and olive oil to make a wonderful"sauce".
- Cover the veggies with a generous layer of mozzarella cheese and sprinkle with some more of the parmesan.
- Bake the pizza according to the dough recommendations.
- Let pizza set for a couple of minutes before slicing.