1/2 Photos of Garlic Vegetable Pasta Soup
woodland hues's Note:
A wholesome soup bursting with garlic flavour and goodness. From a small town newspaper many, many years ago, where I used to live,and love, and cook. I still make the soup, though I no longer live and love there. An incredibly resourceful recipe, adaptable, adjustable to just about anything that might be in the fridge that you want to use up. I use the food processor to do the fine work on the garlic, onions, carrots, cabbage. Use the pasta or grain (like rice) of your choice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 head of garlic, cloves peeled and minced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 7 cups water
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 1 1/2 cups carrots, sliced thinly
- 3 cups green cabbage, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup small shell pasta
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1In large soup pot heat the olive oil and water.
- 2Add the garlic and onion and saute 5 minutes.
- 3Add the 7 cups water, bouillion, and carrots.
- 4Bring to a boil, cook 5 minutes and add cabbage, broccoli, tomato sauce, pasta shells, and seasonings.
- 5Bring to another boil, stir, reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Vegetable Pasta Soup
Serving Size: 1 (341 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.6
- Calories from Fat 27
- Total Fat 3.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.2 mg
- Sodium 597.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.0 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 4.2 g