Recipe by KLV
These are absolutely fabulous! We have them with pasta but they would go with anything. I got the "base" recipe from a breadmachine cookbook but altered it to suit our tastes. The spread is even good on toast! The preparation time includes the time in the bread machine.
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese (old or sharp is great)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1⁄3 cup margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 grated parmesan cheese
- 2 cloves fresh garlic, pressed or minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Add the dough ingredients to the baking pan of your breadmachine and select the dough cycle.
- When the dough is ready, take it out and seperate the dough into 16 equal pieces.
- Roll each piece into a rope about 14 inches long.
- For smaller twists, you can twist 1 rope of dough by bending the rope in half and twisting the ends.
- For larger twists, you can twist 2 ropes of dough together, making sure you pinch the ends together.
- Place the twists on a cookie sheet coated with nonstick spray.
- Mix the ingredients for the glaze together and generously spread each twist with some of the glaze.
- Let the twists rise for about 15 minutes or until doubled in size.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes or until golden brown.