Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 hrs
This makes a really tender turkey breast perfect for slicing into sandwiches or serving as a summer meal with mashed potatoes.
- 6 1⁄2 lbs bone in turkey breast
- 6 -8 garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup lemon, rind of, grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lemon pepper seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Remove extra parts and gravy packet from turkey breast.
- Remove skin from turkey.
- Make 1/2 inch deep cuts in turkey and insert garlic slices into the cuts.
- Mix lemon peel, parsley and lemon pepper and rub onto turkey.
- Use 1 tsp oil in a skillet and brown turkey in skillet on all sides.
- Spray slow cooker with cooking spray and place turkey inside with any drippings.
- Cook on Low for 8-9 hours.
Great for sandwiches--the lemon and garlic added extra punch to the taste of the turkey.
Cooked ours overnite and chilled in the morning so already for sandwiches for evening shift.
I can't believe how forgiving this recipe is! I had the flu and went to take a nap which turned into all night- when I got up, I remembered the roast and despaired. Even with hours more cooking time, it was wonderful. fragrant, tender, perfect for sandwiches and serving with potatoes or rice. A tiny bit on the crumbly side at first from thhe overcooking, but wrapping in plastic and chilling soon took care of that! Thanks so much, I've looked for a good, easy way to cook turkey for years!