Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Recipe Source: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Garlic-Top-Sirloin-Pot-Roast/Detail.aspx This one was good.
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 (3 lb) top sirloin roast
- 6 garlic cloves, slivered
- 6 yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 1 bay leaf
- Rub salt, pepper and paprika into the meat. With a small knife, make slits in the roast. Press the garlic slivers into the roast.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and onion powder in a large slow cooker. Place meat on top of the vegetables. Pour in water and beef broth, and add bouillon cubes and bay leaf.
- Place lid on slow cooker, and cook for 6 hours on High, or 8 hours on Low.
A friend of mine had a top sirloin roast and didn't know how to cook it. Unfortunately, she chose this recipe--why waste a perfectly great cut of meat to slow cook!!! A sirloin roast can be ROASTED and will retain more flavor and tenderness than this washed out result. A chuck roast or other piece of meat suitable for braising would work, but this just ruined a perfectly good (and NOT cheap) piece of meat.