- 8 plum tomatoes, ripe cut in 1/2
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 16 garlic cloves, in skin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- preheat oven to 425.
- Place tomatoes cut side up on a large pan in a single layer.
- Place sprigs of thyme and the cloves of garlic in between the tomatoes.
- Pour oil over the tomatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Tomatoes will char slightly.
- discard thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze meat from cloves over tomatoes before eating them warm.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.