Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
Simple yet yummy
- 8 plum tomatoes, ripe cut in 1/2
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 16 garlic cloves, in skin
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper
- preheat oven to 425.
- Place tomatoes cut side up on a large pan in a single layer.
- Place sprigs of thyme and the cloves of garlic in between the tomatoes.
- Pour oil over the tomatoes.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Tomatoes will char slightly.
- discard thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Squeeze meat from cloves over tomatoes before eating them warm.
- Garnish with fresh thyme.
Easy and I loved the flavor, halved the recipe and cooked as directed except I used dried thyme. Will use more garlic and bigger cloves if I can find it. Rita, thanks for posting
YUMMY! I used some of our garden tomatoes, garden garlic and subbed basil for the thyme because that's what we had! I will admit though - I didn't really measure, just winged it. Made for ZWT 8
This was great! I did use more garlic though because I love it. I will make this again for tapas... mmm