Recipe by Mille®
This savoury soup can easily be made in bigger batches and will last very well in the freezer.
Top Review by * Pamela *
This soup was ok. I had some leftover brie left over from making Creamy Cauliflower and Brie soup and I decided to try this recipe. I used canned tomatoes flavoured with garlic and olive oil instead of fresh and a leftover brown dinner roll instead of the sour dough. I did not use the cilantro because it is not my favourite. This soup does freeze well!
- 64 fluid ounces hearty chicken stock
- 4 -6 large very ripe garden tomatoes, cleaned,peeled and chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and in chunks
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 loaf crusty sourdough French bread, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄8 cup chopped cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine chicken stock, tomatoes, onions and garlic into a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for ½ hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bite-size bread and cheese.
- Divide this mixture into 4-6 soup bowls, fill with hot soup, and garnish with chopped cilantro.