Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This savoury soup can easily be made in bigger batches and will last very well in the freezer.
Make and share this Garlic Tomato Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 64 fluid ounces hearty chicken stock
- 4 -6 large very ripe garden tomatoes, cleaned,peeled and chopped
- 1 large sweet onion, peeled and in chunks
- 3 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 1⁄2 loaf crusty sourdough French bread, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄2 lb brie cheese, cut into bite-size pieces
- 1⁄8 cup chopped cilantro
- Combine chicken stock, tomatoes, onions and garlic into a large soup pot.
- Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for ½ hour.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- In a separate bowl, combine the bite-size bread and cheese.
- Divide this mixture into 4-6 soup bowls, fill with hot soup, and garnish with chopped cilantro.
This soup was ok. I had some leftover brie left over from making Creamy Cauliflower and Brie soup and I decided to try this recipe. I used canned tomatoes flavoured with garlic and olive oil instead of fresh and a leftover brown dinner roll instead of the sour dough. I did not use the cilantro because it is not my favourite. This soup does freeze well!