Recipe by Karen=^..^=
Adapted from an old Betty Crocker entertaining cookbook. Marinating time is in cooking time.
Top Review by bluemoon downunder
I scaled this back for two and as I was making it without the hot sauce (zero tolerance of anything hot and spicy), I still used the 2 cloves of garlic and added some dried thyme to the marinade and then some fresh basil leaves just before serving. Delicious! Loved the blend of the olive oil and red wine vinegar. We enjoyed this on baby spinach leaves with twissis' Recipe #248771 and tzatziki. I'm planning on regularly preparing tomato slices this way to make really tasty take-to-work sandwiches. Thank you for sharing this easy to make recipe. Made for Gimme 5.
- 4 medium firm ripe tomatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 3 drops hot sauce
- 2 large garlic cloves, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Arrange tomatoes in glass or plastic dish (one for which you have a cover).
- Shake remaining ingredients in tightly covered container; pour over tomatoes.
- Cover and refrigerate at least 3 hours but no longer than 24 hours.
- Serve on lettuce leaves if desired.