- 1⁄4 cup olive oil or 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 medium tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 loaf unsliced French bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In a bowl, combine oil, basil. garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Add tomatoes and toss.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Bring to room temperature before serving (optional).
- Slice the bread and toast in the broiler if desired.
- Top with tomato mixture.