Recipe by Mims & Squims
Given the option, I'd eat nothing but bread. And this recipe uses my favorite ingredient: flaked sea salt! Yum!
- 4 slices whole grain bread
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 -2 tablespoon light margarine
- 1⁄2 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- flaked sea salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn on broiler.
- Place bread in single layer on sheet of foil. (I use toasted oat bread or whole wheat).
- In small saucer or bowl, mix olive oil, margarine, Italian seasoning, garlic, and Parmesan.
- Brush or spoon mixture over each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Place 4-6" under broiler.
- ***Watch Closely*** it can quickly go from browned to burnt if you're not paying attention. Cook 2-3 minutes & remove from oven when edges begin to brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with flaked sea salt (I use pink Australian salt, but if you don't have any, a light sprinkling of regular table salt will do).