Given the option, I'd eat nothing but bread. And this recipe uses my favorite ingredient: flaked sea salt! Yum!
- Turn on broiler.
- Place bread in single layer on sheet of foil. (I use toasted oat bread or whole wheat).
- In small saucer or bowl, mix olive oil, margarine, Italian seasoning, garlic, and Parmesan.
- Brush or spoon mixture over each piece of bread.
- Sprinkle lightly with paprika.
- Place 4-6" under broiler.
- ***Watch Closely*** it can quickly go from browned to burnt if you're not paying attention. Cook 2-3 minutes & remove from oven when edges begin to brown.
- Sprinkle lightly with flaked sea salt (I use pink Australian salt, but if you don't have any, a light sprinkling of regular table salt will do).
Fantastico! Loved the seasoning! I happened to have flaked smoked sea salt, great way to use it! Served with spaghetti and Eggplant Pasta sauce. Thank you!