Prep 5 mins
Cook 35 mins
Adapted from Hubert Keller's Burger Bar cookbook. I served these alongside a homemade veggie burger.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and place pan in the oven.
- Cut potatoes into 1/4 inch thick wedges.
- In a large bowl, toss the potatoes with the garlic cloves, olive oil, plenty of salt and thyme.
- Remove the pan from the oven and quickly spread the fries on an even layer. Return to the oven and drop temperature to 450 degrees.
- Roast for about 35 minutes. 5 minutes before they're done, loosen the potatoes from the foil with a spatula and return to oven to finish cooking. Discard thyme stems before serving.
Loved the recipe - I cut it back to 1 potato but used 6 cloves of garlic and served the garlic with the potatoes - we just squeezed it on the potatoes GREAT flavor
Made this recipe for PAC 2010. I used fingerling potatoes and cut them in half and left the skin on. These were delish. Much tastier then french fried potatoes. Added this recipe to my cookbook. Will make again. Thanks for sharing.
I used 3 large potatoes for 3 of us and about 9 garlic cloves (which I lightly crushed to help release their oils) and several sprigs of fresh lemon thyme. Out of habit I just mixed everything in the baking tray so whacked it in a really hot oven for 15 minutes and then turned down to 200C and baked for 30 minutes turning occassionally and ended up with lovely crispy potatoes. I did leave the skins on and just cut them into nice big wedges. Thank you Diet it Up, made for New Kids on the Block.