Recipe by JackieOhNo!
I recently was able to find some nice CAB (Certified Angus Beef) Flat Iron steak on sale at my local grocery store. Luckily, I came across this simple recipe. There are very few ingredients, and most likely you will have them on hand.
Top Review by Lucky in Bayview
Wowza!! This was a delicious steak.Exactly what I hope a steak will taste like. I have never used thyme to season steaks before and we have been missing out. This will be our "go to" rub from now on. Thanks so much for sharing this great recipe!
- 2 lbs flat iron steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh thyme or 1 tablespoon dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons sweet paprika
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine rub ingredients; press evenly onto steaks.
- Place steaks on grill over medium, ash-covered coals or over medium heat on preheated gas grill. Grill to medium-rare doneness (145 degrees F as measured on an internal meat thermometer), turning once.
- Serve steaks immediately. Cover and refrigerate remaining steaks for later use. Before serving, carve steak into slices; season with salt and pepper, as desired,.