Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is something I threw together for dinner one night after reading some other recipes here on Recipezaar and came up with this dish. It is really simple, and a quick dish to make on a busy night. You can have this ready in about 15 minutes! I have also added some fresh lemon or lime juice at the end and it really adds a nice kick if have those on hand!
- 2 -3 chicken breasts, depending on the size of your family
- 3 -4 garlic cloves (according to taste)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons poultry seasoning
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme (could use fresh if you have it)
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Cut up chicken into bite size pieces. Dice the onion and press the garlic through a garlic press. If you don't have a garlic press, dice the garlic up finely. I used three large cloves, but you can add more cloves for your own taste.
- In a large skillet pan, heat the olive oil and cook the onions and garlic for about 6 minutes and the onions are soft and golden brown in color.
- Add the chicken. Add the poultry seasoning (or Sage if you don't have it), thyme, and salt and pepper.
- Cook the chicken for about 10 minutes or until cooked through. Serve with steamed rice!
Personally, I liked this and would rate it a 5 star recipe BUT the family thought it had too much thyme. I also would up my garlic ALOT b/c the thyme seemed to drown that out. I served this with recipe#373373 which complimented this very well.Thanks!! Made for the French Forum Herb of the Month.
mmm mmm good! Very tasty chicken. I cut back the oil to 1 teaspoon and used a lovely sweet walla walla onion, didn't have any poultry seasoning in so used sage. I also used fresh thyme from the garden. With the pepper it had a very nice peppery flavour, we enjoyed it and I will make it again. thanks for posting.
This was very pleasantly surprising! While making it I thought for sure there must have been a mistake in the ingredients. I couldn't imagine that much seasoning going into it, but I did as it said and our chicken turned out very moist and not overpoweringly flavored as I had thought. It was very good! And also very easy to make!