Not so much a jam in the traditional sense of the word, this spread is a smooth, thick puree of ancho, guajillo and hot cherry peppers laced with a whole lot of garlic! It's fantastic on toast as well as thinned out and used as mashed potato gravy.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Combine the dried peppers in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let stand while garlic and fresh peppers roast.
- Seal the garlic in a foil packet and place on a baking sheet. Place the cherry peppers next to the foil packet on another square of foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until soft.
- Transfer garlic, vinegar, honey and olive oil to a food processor or blender, then drain the chiles (reserve ¼ cup liquid) and add to the processor as well.
- Puree mixture until smooth, adding just enough water to form a jam-like paste.
- Run through a food mill, then place into jars and store in the fridge or freezer.