1/1 Photo of Garlic Three Chile Jam
Not so much a jam in the traditional sense of the word, this spread is a smooth, thick puree of ancho, guajillo and hot cherry peppers laced with a whole lot of garlic! It's fantastic on toast as well as thinned out and used as mashed potato gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine the dried peppers in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let stand while garlic and fresh peppers roast.
- 3Seal the garlic in a foil packet and place on a baking sheet. Place the cherry peppers next to the foil packet on another square of foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until soft.
- 4Transfer garlic, vinegar, honey and olive oil to a food processor or blender, then drain the chiles (reserve ¼ cup liquid) and add to the processor as well.
- 5Puree mixture until smooth, adding just enough water to form a jam-like paste.
- 6Run through a food mill, then place into jars and store in the fridge or freezer.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Three Chile Jam
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.6
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried guajillo chiles