1/1 Photo of Garlic Three Chile Jam
Not so much a jam in the traditional sense of the word, this spread is a smooth, thick puree of ancho, guajillo and hot cherry peppers laced with a whole lot of garlic! It's fantastic on toast as well as thinned out and used as mashed potato gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- 2Combine the dried peppers in a bowl and cover with hot water. Let stand while garlic and fresh peppers roast.
- 3Seal the garlic in a foil packet and place on a baking sheet. Place the cherry peppers next to the foil packet on another square of foil. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until soft.
- 4Transfer garlic, vinegar, honey and olive oil to a food processor or blender, then drain the chiles (reserve ¼ cup liquid) and add to the processor as well.
- 5Puree mixture until smooth, adding just enough water to form a jam-like paste.
- 6Run through a food mill, then place into jars and store in the fridge or freezer.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Three Chile Jam
Serving Size: 1 (35 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 59.6
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 10.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 5.0 g
- Protein 1.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried guajillo chiles