1/1 Photo of Garlic-Teriyaki Chicken Wings
I whipped these little guys up since we were craving chicken wings from our favorite local restaurant. We didn't want to drive the 10 miles there - so I came up with this recipe with ingredients we had on hand. My fiance swears they are better than any we've had; and I have to agree!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, pressed and minced (optional)
- vegetable oil (for frying) or canola oil (for frying)
- 1Heat butter, soy sauce, corn syrup, brown sugar, dry mustard, cayenne, garlic and ginger until butter and brown sugar melt. Cool and set aside in large bowl.
- 2Heat oil on high heat until it hisses when splashed with a drop of water.
- 3Coat chicken pieces with salt.
- 4Carefully lower chicken wings into hot oil. Fry until chicken is caramel in color and crispy; about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels.
- 6Toss chicken in butter mixture until well coated. Remove and serve with blue cheese or ranch.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1263.0
- Calories from Fat 698
- Total Fat 77.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 323.1 mg
- Sodium 5661.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 59.0 g
- Protein 70.5 g