1/1 Photo of Garlic-Teriyaki Chicken Wings
I whipped these little guys up since we were craving chicken wings from our favorite local restaurant. We didn't want to drive the 10 miles there - so I came up with this recipe with ingredients we had on hand. My fiance swears they are better than any we've had; and I have to agree!!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs chicken wings, separated
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger, pressed and minced (optional)
- vegetable oil (for frying) or canola oil (for frying)
- 1Heat butter, soy sauce, corn syrup, brown sugar, dry mustard, cayenne, garlic and ginger until butter and brown sugar melt. Cool and set aside in large bowl.
- 2Heat oil on high heat until it hisses when splashed with a drop of water.
- 3Coat chicken pieces with salt.
- 4Carefully lower chicken wings into hot oil. Fry until chicken is caramel in color and crispy; about 10 minutes.
- 5Remove chicken from oil and drain on paper towels.
- 6Toss chicken in butter mixture until well coated. Remove and serve with blue cheese or ranch.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic-Teriyaki Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (518 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1263.0
- Calories from Fat 698
- Total Fat 77.6 g
- Saturated Fat 29.8 g
- Cholesterol 323.1 mg
- Sodium 5661.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 71.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 59.0 g
- Protein 70.5 g