Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a tapenade for garlic lovers.
- 6 ounces ripe olives
- 3⁄4 cup romano cheese
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 3 capers
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 8 medium garlic cloves
- 3⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Chop olives in food processor to desired consistency.
- Using a mortar and pestle, mash anchovies and garlic into a paste (This is very important to extract the garlic flavor).
- Add all ingredients to chopped olives and add olive oil till desired consistency is reached. Refrigerate at least 1 hour to meld flavors and serve at room temperature.
- This recipe is greatly enhanced by using gourmet garlics such as Korean red, Metechi, and other hard stem varieties (ie. don't use the boring Chinese garlic found in many supermarkets).
Incredible tapenade; best ever tasted. We can't stop eating this, and so am happy to see the recipe online! Great family based business! Am growing some of their many varieties of garlic.