Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
Make and share this Garlic Swiss Steak recipe from Food.com.
- Cut steak in serving pieces.
- Combine flour, salt and pepper; sprinkle on steak and pound into the steak on both sides.
- Brown steak in oil.
- Transfer to greased casserole.
- Combine tomatoes, onion, green pepper and garlic; pour over steak.
- Cover and bake at 350 for 1 1/2 hours.
This was outta site..very quick and easy. I served mine over rice also. I couldn't find any green chili pepper flakes, so I threw in some red pepper flakes..(not too many)..but it was a great recipe. I'll definitely put this on my "make again" list. Thank you!!
This was wonderful. I served ours over boiled potatoes (just like dad used to do). I also added a bit of basil (again, like dad used to do). It was delicious and the meat as so tender. Thanks!
Mmmmmmmmmm very good!! Just one complaint from DH, he thought it was too hot, tinlgly lips, I may have been too generous with the pepper flakes, will use less next time, I added some carrots and celery, other than that followed the instructions exactly and it was great. I should say though that mine was done in one hour, steak was sooo tender, could cut with a fork. One we will be making again and again, comfort food!! Thanks for sharing.