Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
A yummy nicely seasoned appetizer or side to a pasta dish!
- 1 loaf Italian bread, cut into 1 inch slices toasted (about 12 slices)
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml butter
- 3 garlic cloves, diced finely
- 1 shallot, diced finely
- 4 sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, diced finely
- 4.92 ml italian seasoning
- 14.79-29.58 ml grated parmesan cheese
- On a cookie sheet lay bread out in one layer.
- Melt butter with olive oil in microwave oven or stove top.
- Add rest of ingredients except for cheese.
- Spread evenly on bread slices and top with a srinkle of cheese.
- Broil till bubbly and cheese is slightly browned.
Excellent bread! I made this as is and my family went nuts over it. I used my own sun-dried tomatoes, weren't packed in oil, didn't matter, the bread was terrific. Thanks Rita, another great recipe!