Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Fragrant, mellow garlic mingles with tender, juicy beef in every bite.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup garlic, peeled and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 lbs thick-cut boneless beef top sirloin steaks
- HEAT oil in small, nonstick skillet over low heat.
- Cook garlic for 5 minutes or until tender.
- Add green onions; increase heat to medium-low.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until green onions are crisp-tender.
- Stir in salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat; let cool.
- PREHEAT grill.
- TRIM excess fat from steaks.
- Make a horizontal cut through the center of the steaks parallel to the surface of the meat, about 1 inch from each side, to form a pocket.
- Cut up to but not through the opposite side.
- Spoon cooled garlic mixture into pocket, spreading evenly.
- Secure opening with wooden picks.
- GRILL steaks over medium-low heat, turning once, for 26 to 32 minutes or to desired doneness.
- Remove wooden picks; slice steaks into ½-inch slices.
Quick to prepare, tasty to eat! DH and I enjoyed sirloin steak for dinner last evening, his comment was 'you can make this again'! I used one fat garlic clove and 2 green onions, also added two finely chopped mushrooms to the stuffing and I panfried the steaks (BBQ is covered with snow!)A nice recipe XAnnette, thanks.
Try adding some Tony Chachere's Seasoning (green can). YUM!
Good recipe, although maybe just something missing. I think as Laurie suggested a few slices of mushroom would be good, plus next time I would add a few 'hot' ingredients to spice things up a bit. However I did enjoy and well worth a try with changes to suit your preferences.