Prep 0 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 12 medium mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 scallions, Sliced
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons pecans, Coarsely Ground
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh parmesan cheese (Grate the Fresh Parmesan Cheese for this recipe.)
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup garlic bechamel
- salt (To Taste)
- white pepper, Freshly Ground
- cayenne pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons unbleached all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Clean the mushrooms.
- Remove the stems and reserve.
- Parboil the mushrooms in just enough water to cover, for 3 minutes, until barely cooked.
- Drain well, blot with paper towels, and set aside until needed.
- If the tip of the stems seem woody, trim them away.
- Chop stems coarsely.
- Melt 2 T of the butter in a skillet.
- Toss the chopped mushrooms stems and scallions.
- Saute until tender and most of the mushroom juices have evaporated.
- Toss in the pecans, pecans, bred crumbs, parmesan cheese, and remaining tablespoon of butter.
- Stir until the butter is melted and absorbed.
- Stir in the garlic bechamel.
- Add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Stuff each mushroom cap with the mixture, mounding it neatly over the top.
- Sprinkle each with some cayenne pepper.
- Put stuffed mushrooms in a lightly oiled, shallow baking dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- Serve at once.
- GARLIC BECHAMEL:
- 2 1/2 C Scalded Milk (More or less, depending on the thickness of 1 X Salt and Freshly Ground White Pepper To Taste 1 Ea Large Egg At Room Temperature.
- 1 X Garlic Puree from 3 Large Heads Of Roasted Garlic Melt the butter in a heavy saucepan and whisk in the flour.
- Let this roux cook over low heat, stirring constantly for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Whisk in the scalded milk.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat and cook gently, stirring frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper and whisk in the garlic puree.
- Remove from the heat.
- Beat the egg in a bowl.
- Beat some of the sauce into the egg.
- Next beat the egg mixture back into the garlic sauce.
- Taste and correct seasonings.
- Store in the refrigerator, with plastic wrap placed directly on the surface of the sauce, until needed.
- Thin with milk before using if necessary.
These were really good! Can't believe they haven't been rated yet!!! I used a knock-off Boursin cheese instead of bechamel and it really was very good. Thanks!