I've been making this simple appetizer for years, it just sort of invented itself one summer evening when I had a lot of mushrooms, garlic and guests. They can be done on the grill or baked in the oven. They're great either way.
- Clean and remove the stem from the mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms in baking dish, preferably one that can be placed on the grill.
- Add a clove of garlic to each mushroom cap.
- Drizzle melted butter into each mushroom cap.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- Place the pan either in a 350 degree oven or on the grill.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Serve as an appetizer with french bread.
- Don't forget to dip the bread in the garlic infused butter left in the pan.