Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
I've been making this simple appetizer for years, it just sort of invented itself one summer evening when I had a lot of mushrooms, garlic and guests. They can be done on the grill or baked in the oven. They're great either way.
- Clean and remove the stem from the mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms in baking dish, preferably one that can be placed on the grill.
- Add a clove of garlic to each mushroom cap.
- Drizzle melted butter into each mushroom cap.
- Cover the pan with foil.
- Place the pan either in a 350 degree oven or on the grill.
- Cook for 1 hour.
- Serve as an appetizer with french bread.
- Don't forget to dip the bread in the garlic infused butter left in the pan.
This is a wonderful and easy recipe. My only warning is that you should make twice as much as you think you'll need - they'll go fast!!
These are delicious! Roasted garlic is delicious on its own, but when combined with mushrooms it turns into something sublime. I tried sour dough and italian bread dragged through the butter, and much prefer the sour dough! This recipe gives twice....the sauce for the bread and the deliciousness of the mushrooms and garlic. Thanks for sharing!
why havent i tried these a LONG time ago??? was THE best part of supper!! simple, not much mess, and DEEEEEEE-licious!!! next time will deffinately make more to have leftover for bread dipping! and will try Sandyg61's idea of adding bacon!! ohhh heaven!! thanks sooo much Terry!!