Recipe by pines506
This has great flavor. Don't let the amount of garlic put you off, the garlic flavor becomes milder after blanching.
- 4 medium chicken breasts (with bone and skin)
- 16 garlic cloves or 1 head garlic
- 6 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh lemon rind
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim off any excess fat from the chicken.
- Blanch the garlic cloves in boiling water for 5-10 minutes.
- Drain cloves, remove skins and slice thinly.
- Combine the garlic with parsley, salt, pepper and lemon rind.
- Place about 1 tsp of mixture under the skin of each chicken breast.
- Heat the butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet. Brown the chicken, skin side down first, then turning. Brown about 4 minutes on each side.
- Lower heat. Cover skillet and simmer about 20-30 minutes, or until chicken is done.
- Remove cover.
- Saute remaining garlic mixture in 1 tablespoons butter. Stir in lemon juice.
- Spoon over chicken.
- Sprinkle with extra parsley.