Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Garlic and cheese stuffed chicken breast
- 4 -6 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, soft (room temp. is fine)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- chopped fresh garlic, to your taste (I use 3)
- 1 tablespoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese
- Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Mix the sour cream, cream cheese, garlic, spices, and Parmesan cheese together.
- Use a boning knife to make a pocket in the chicken breast.
- Fill the pocket with the cream cheese mixture.
- After filling, coat with the bread crumbs and pan fry each side for 2 minute to make crispy.
- After gently frying, place in a 375 degree oven for 30-40 minutes.
I made this for dinner tonight. The flavor is wonderful. Will definately make again. I was worried the filling would run out in the oven, so I did this differently. I pounded the breasts out thin, filled with the cheese mixture, folded over and stitched with toothpicks, dipped in egg, then crumbs, then just quick fried it, sort of like cordon bleu. The results were fantastic, and the cheese mixture did not ooze out. I will try it again next week, exactly as directed, and compare the two. A very tasty dish. Thank you for posting this recipe.
11/7/08 This is a quick meal to prepare. I found that stuffing the chicken with the cream cheese mixure really messy. In retrospect it would be better to use a piping bag and wide nozzle. I am not sure how you would genty saute the chicken before you bake it as the stuffing would run out, so I skipped that part and just baked it. I used reduced fat cream cheese and the result with full fat cream cheese may be better as I found the reduced cheese a little dry, NOT the chicken, just the stuffing.
OMG!! This is so wonderful! I fixed this for a dinner date that my brother had with a girl I set him up with. YUMMO!!! I will be fixing again and again. Thanks!