- 1 (3 -5 lb) round roast
- 6 garlic cloves, cut into halves
- 20 ounces canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 chipotle chiles in adobo, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons adobo sauce
- fresh cilantro, chopped, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Make 12, 1 inch deep cuts, on top of the roast. Insert half a clove of garlic into each cut. Push the garlic in as far as it will go.
- Place the roast in a slow cooker.
- Add remaining ingredients except for the cilantro.
- Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- To serve:.
- Slice roast across the grain. Arrange on a platter and drizzle with some of the juices from the slow cooker. Garnish with cilantro.