Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
My family has been using this recipe since the 80's. These are great with steak or chicken. Also great if you are on a low calorie diet.
- In large heavy saucepan, heat oil.
- Add garlic and beans, and saute over high heat to sear beans, stirring frequently so they do not burn.
- Add thyme, sea salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add water and bouillon.
- Bring to boil, cover tightly, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until beans are tender when pierced with tip of sharp knife.
- Add more water, if necessary.
- Frozen beans will take only half the time.
- Add squeeze of lemon juice and toss well.
- Original recipe states it serves 2 but it easily will serve four as a side dish.