Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a quick and easy recipe for a side dish. It's very flavorful and yummy, I like to make this as a side to go with roast/baked/grilled meat.
- 1 lb French style green bean (OR 1 pkg. frozen green beans, you can substitute regular beans too.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (optional)
- Bring a saucepan of water to a boil. Add the green beans and blanch for 2 minutes. Drain.
- (Alternative method: Microwave on high in some water for 5 mins, drain).
- Heat the oil on high heat and add the beans when oil is hot.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic powder and thyme.
- Stir for 1 minute.
- Add the parmesan cheese.
- Stir for another minute.
- Your green beans are ready to eat! Enjoy!
5 stars! This was great! I used frozen french style green beas and it turned out well. Thank you for the recipe... Tina Day
This was very good. I used french cut frozen beans and it went very well with my pork chops. My husband really liked it. Thanks Shereen for this tasty new way to cook vegetables.
Perfect, just what I was looking for tonight for a side dish. Scaled it down to a half of a package of frozen green beans (1/2 lbs) and nuked them in the mircowave. Turned out wonderfully, will make again and again, thanks!