- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 4 cups string beans, cut into bite size pieces (fresh or frozen)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon hunza salt
- fresh ground pepper
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons vegetable broth or 1 vegetable bouillon cube
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- In heavy skillet, heat oil.
- Add garlic and string beans, sauté over high heat to sear beans, stirring frequently being careful not to burn them.
- Add Thyme, hunza salt, and pepper to taste.
- Add water and vegetable broth.
- Bring to boil, cover tightly, reduce heat to medium low, and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- Add more water if needed cook until beans are tender.
- Frozen beans take about half the time.
- Add add lemon juice, and toss well.