Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for safekeeping. I found this in Country Living and have not tried it yet.
- 453.59 g yellow and green string bean
- 44.37 ml olive oil
- 14.79 ml butter
- 44.37 ml minced garlic
- 44.37 ml lemon juice
- 2.46 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 29.58 ml parsley
- 14.79 ml grated lemon zest
- Blanch string beans for 2 minutes. Rinse to cool.
- Return to saucepan with olive oil, butter, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Toss in parsley and lemon zest.
- Serve warm.
What a delicious way to serve beans. The lemon juice makes them taste fresh and bright and the garlic adds just the right amount of extra flavor. I wasn't able to find fresh yellow beans at my store so used some frozen yellow beans and fresh green beans.