Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Posted for safekeeping. I found this in Country Living and have not tried it yet.
Make and share this Garlic String / Green Bean Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb yellow and green string bean
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons parsley
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- Blanch string beans for 2 minutes. Rinse to cool.
- Return to saucepan with olive oil, butter, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Cook 4 minutes over medium-high heat.
- Toss in parsley and lemon zest.
- Serve warm.
What a delicious way to serve beans. The lemon juice makes them taste fresh and bright and the garlic adds just the right amount of extra flavor. I wasn't able to find fresh yellow beans at my store so used some frozen yellow beans and fresh green beans.