Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Adapted from familyfun.com
- 1 lb loaf French bread
- 4 tablespoons butter or 4 tablespoons margarine, at room temp
- 1 -2 garlic clove
- fresh parsley (optional) or basil (optional)
- For the garlic butter, combine butter or margarine with 1 to 2 crushed or minced garlic cloves. For melted garlic butter, microwave the butter, then add the crushed garlic cloves. Mix in fresh basil or parsley to give the butter extra color and flavor.
- Cut loaf of French bread the long way and spread with garlic butter or brush with melted garlic butter.
- Broil, cut side up, until brown. Cut into 1-inch slices.
This was super easy and really tasty. The only change I made was I sprinkled a bit of Italian Seasonings on top instead of parsley.