Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Serve this as an appetizer for 6 persons or a feed for two. Serve with a fork & a spoon. You do not want to miss out on the great flavor of the broth!
- Discard any clams that are not firmly shut.
- Place them in a bowl of cold water and sprinkle the cornmeal on the water, refrigerate for 1 1/2 hrs Drain& scrub the clams again under cold running water.
- Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven or other heavy pot that has a firm fitting lid, throw in the garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Turn up the heat and pour in the water & wine.
- Add clams close the lid, steam the clams for about 6 minutes, shake the pot a few times to redistribute the clams- do not remove the lid. Remove the clams with a slotted spoon, discard any clams that did not open Add the parsley, salt& pepper to the broth.
- To serve, place the clams in a shallow bowl & pour the broth over them.