Serve this as an appetizer for 6 persons or a feed for two. Serve with a fork & a spoon. You do not want to miss out on the great flavor of the broth!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Discard any clams that are not firmly shut.
- 2Place them in a bowl of cold water and sprinkle the cornmeal on the water, refrigerate for 1 1/2 hrs Drain& scrub the clams again under cold running water.
- 3Heat the olive oil in a dutch oven or other heavy pot that has a firm fitting lid, throw in the garlic and saute for 5 minutes. Turn up the heat and pour in the water & wine.
- 4Add clams close the lid, steam the clams for about 6 minutes, shake the pot a few times to redistribute the clams- do not remove the lid. Remove the clams with a slotted spoon, discard any clams that did not open Add the parsley, salt& pepper to the broth.
- 5To serve, place the clams in a shallow bowl & pour the broth over them.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Garlic Steamed Clams
Serving Size: 1 (119 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 123.8
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 29.5 mg
- Sodium 52.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 11.5 g