- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms
Directions See How It's Made
- Using a garlic press, crush cloves into medium bowl. Stir in olive oil, steak seasoning and salt. Cut steak into four servings and add to garlic mixture. Press mixture into steaks and turn to coat completely. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place steaks and garlic mixture in pan. Cook uncovered 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, turn steak and cook 6-8 more minutes until internal temperature is 140°F.
- Note: The cook time is for medium-rare steak, recommended for flavor and food safety. Add 4-6 minutes for a more well done steak.
- Add butter to pan and turn steaks to coat. Remove steaks and keep warm. Add (rinsed) mushrooms to same pan. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes until tender. Serve with steaks.