Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is very garlicky but so yummy! I got this recipe from my local Publix grocery store.
- 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick's Montreal Brand steak seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks
- 1⁄3 cup butter
- 1 (8 ounce) package baby portabella mushrooms
- Using a garlic press, crush cloves into medium bowl. Stir in olive oil, steak seasoning and salt. Cut steak into four servings and add to garlic mixture. Press mixture into steaks and turn to coat completely. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Preheat large sauté pan on medium-high 2-3 minutes. Place steaks and garlic mixture in pan. Cook uncovered 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium, turn steak and cook 6-8 more minutes until internal temperature is 140°F.
- Note: The cook time is for medium-rare steak, recommended for flavor and food safety. Add 4-6 minutes for a more well done steak.
- Add butter to pan and turn steaks to coat. Remove steaks and keep warm. Add (rinsed) mushrooms to same pan. Cover and cook 5-7 minutes until tender. Serve with steaks.
Excellent steak! I used rib steak but followed the recipe otherwise. Thanks for posting! made for Culinary Quest 2014
We don't eat red meat that often and when we do it usually isn't steak however; this recipe might just change that. I used beef tenderloin medallions for the steak and shitaki mushrooms to top them off with. A wonderful steak house style steak that everyone in the family loved. Made and reviewed for the Best of 2010 Recipe Tag game.
Made this tonight with a modification and LOVED it! My favorite part was the crusty garlic on the steak after cooking, YUM. I modified it by adding beef broth and red wine and reducing with the mushrooms (was in the mood for a wine sauce). We will definitely make this again. Thanks for sharing!!!