Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe came from the boys' Grandmother Loretta. It is very easy to make and tastes great.
- 2 lbs round steaks
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup oil
- Cut round steak into fingers about 2 x 6 inches.
- Mix flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper together.
- Dredge steak in flour mixture until fully coated.
- Drop into hot oil and fry until browned.
YUM!!! I used striploin for this and it turned out so well. I couldn't taste the seasoning too much so I would probably toss the cooked "fries" with the seasoning while they are fresh out of the oil. I served these with Remoulade Sauce. Made for PRMR tag game. Thanks Dienia B.! :)
Outstanding !! Made recipe as written ..nochanges. Great taste, and flavor. Made for PRMR tag.