Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 cup coarsely chopped garlic
- 1 cup onion, sliced thin
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon dill
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Saute garlic and onion in the 2T.
- butter until tender not brown about 10 minutes,set aside.
- In a bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt.
- Cut in the 1/4c.
- butter until small crumbs like cornmeal.
- Add parsley,dill and milk stir just until moist.
- Pour into a greased 8x8 pan.
- Spread the garlic and onion on top sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake 450° for 25-30 minutes.
- Cool slightly and cut into 8 squares.