Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for when you have lots of guests at a party, unless some of your guests are vampires.
- 1 lb feta cheese, mashed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- freshly ground black pepper (optional)
- Place ingredients in a food processor fitted with the steel blade.
- Process until smooth, about 1 minute.
- Chill for several hours.
- Serve with bread, crackers or cut-up raw vegetables.
A garlaholic's dream. I used garlic oil instead of olive oil, and lime juice (I'm on a "lime kick" these days). Beats the crap out of store-bought garlic spreads. 'Nuff said!
This was pure garlic heaven! I actually used twice as much garlic as called for, and used fresh oregano instead of dried. Thank goodness my guests love garlic too! We had it on grilled french bread- perfect. I've brought the remainder into my work today and have the feeling it won't last for very long in the break room. Thanks Mirj!
Delicious! Used light Feta cheese, and an extra clove of garlic. Great spread for crackers,bread,veggies, anything!