Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 mins
Warm comfort food. Fast & easy. Very healthy and yummy.
- 1 (10 ounce) package spinach
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 0.5 (19 ounce) can white beans, rinsed & drained (Canellini, white kidney or navy)
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- Heat a large skillet. Add oil.
- Sauté garlic 1 minute.
- Add all the spinach
- Lower heat to med and cover.
- Cook just long enough to wilt spinach (about 3 minutes).
- Add beans & stock and heat through.
Adding white beans to garlicky sauteed spinach provides more fiber and makes the dish much more filling and tasty. So easy to modify serving amounts too, or add additions. Thanks, Conniecooks, for enhancing one of my favorite vegetables.
So delicious!! Quick and easy to make and goes with anything you could think of - and healthy!!! Thanks conniecooks!!
Thanks for this recipe!, I actually use it as a beginning of a new recipe, so instead of a side dish, became a vegetarian main dish... I follow the instructions, except the chicken stock, but then add more veggies (mushrooms and zuchinni) to cook together with the spinach and then add pine nuts and a bit of feta cheese, then i add some barbecue sauce and a pinch of thyme. MMmmm... now i need to look for something crunchy to serve it with, hehe... thanks again, blessings